I first saw this little cuppies at Sonia's blog and was very much won over. and I love what Sonia described about this little cupcakes: "This is a type of cupcake has no burden to your body, light and less oily." so enjoy without guilt! Thanks, Sonia for sharing and also your experiment with using cold eggs.
Then I saw another variation by Ann using grapefruit and then Happy Flour also tried it. So it must good cake to try.
Nasi Lemak Lover and Happy Flour and Anncoo Journal
25g corn oil (I used sunflower oil)
35g freshly squeeze orange juice
3 large eggs (cold)
95g caster sugar
100g top flour or cake flour
¼ tsp fine salt
1 orange rind
1. Mix sunflower oil and orange juice together, set aside.
2. Sieve flour and salt twice, set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, add cold eggs and sugar, whisk at high speed for 3 mins till thick and fluffy, medium speed for 10 mins and low speed for 1 min.
4. Continue beating at low speed, add orange juice, flour spoon by spoon followed by sunflower oil and orange juice. Do not over mix. Turn off machine and use a rubber spatula to fold the batter till well combined.
5. Pour batter into a lined 12 holes muffin pan until 90% full. Lightly tap on counter top twice to remove air bubbles.
6. Bake in preheated over at 170oC for 25 mins at middle rack.